Bay City Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice skating rink and holiday tree in Bay City - Argos

3 posters

Go down

Ice skating rink and holiday tree in Bay City - Argos Empty Ice skating rink and holiday tree in Bay City - Argos

Post  Barnesworth Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:22 pm

So I found myself with some spare time today and thought I would pull off my ice rink and tree idea sooner rather than later (the holidays have a tendency to sneak up on me).

The tree still has to be decorated but I think that can wait, maybe do a tree lighting ceremony like was suggested at the meeting on Sunday. Im not sure if I will have time to do an actual event but if someone wanted organize it I could probably set up the mechanics of the actual lighting. Or I can just quietly light it myself a bit closer to the holidays for the kick off.

I also was thinking it would be fun to allow merchants and residents to place a gift box (single prim) under the tree for visitors. I think I may restrict it to items that promote bay city itself, establishments within bay city, or generic holiday items. Please post if you are interested in doing that, I will contact you with more info as I work out a way to set that up. I will also probably post again when ready for those.

I would like to welcome everybody else to feel free to use the rink and tree for their own events, I would even be willing to let you set up some stuff there (prims permitting). And of course impromptu gatherings are always welcome as well. It is there for everyone to use.

You can check the rink out at Bay City - Argos (75, 60, 25)

Love,
Barnesworth

Ice skating rink and holiday tree in Bay City - Argos Snapsh11

Barnesworth

Back to top Go down

Ice skating rink and holiday tree in Bay City - Argos Empty cool...

Post  KirachanFitzgerald Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:19 pm

I think that looks very good. And lighting it as part of an event would be nice. We have that tree at the BCC too, which is nice but not as nice as this one.. I have to admit..*G... we also thought about the idea to let people place gifts.. as we put it there instead of the freebie platform anyway. So... feel free to do that too if you have no idea where to put all your stuff..*G
We also have a "Glühwein" booth there.. so I suggest.. get drunk at the BCC and then go skating at Barnesworth's place..:*G* sounds like fun.

KirachanFitzgerald

http://kirachanfitzgerald.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Ice skating rink and holiday tree in Bay City - Argos Empty Count me in

Post  Shadoe Landman Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:42 am

I'd love to put gifts at both locations, so count me in. Hopefully I'll get my RL stuff done today so that I can make it to the next meeting (if there's one planned). Gotta run. santa

Shadoe Landman

Back to top Go down

Ice skating rink and holiday tree in Bay City - Argos Empty Re: Ice skating rink and holiday tree in Bay City - Argos

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down