Bay City Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racing in Bay City

+3
Barnesworth
Marianne McCann
KirachanFitzgerald
7 posters

Go down

Racing in Bay City Empty Racing in Bay City

Post  KirachanFitzgerald Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:42 pm

Hello....
I have absolutely no idea about racing in SL.. but I have been driving around BC with my new badass bike these days.. and I do think that that could be a fun thing.... there is sort of a circular course.. well.. more 8 shaped... but it would not be without danger and would certainly cause awful casualties.
Anyway... I still think that is a cool thing to do. But if someone here has any racing experince it would be appreciated if they could check themselves how effectively the streets of BC can be used...

Greetings
Kirachan

KirachanFitzgerald

http://kirachanfitzgerald.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Racing in Bay City Empty Re: Racing in Bay City

Post  Marianne McCann Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:12 am

KirachanFitzgerald wrote:Hello....
I have absolutely no idea about racing in SL.. but I have been driving around BC with my new badass bike these days.. and I do think that that could be a fun thing.... there is sort of a circular course.. well.. more 8 shaped... but it would not be without danger and would certainly cause awful casualties.
Anyway... I still think that is a cool thing to do. But if someone here has any racing experince it would be appreciated if they could check themselves how effectively the streets of BC can be used...

Sounds sort of similar to the "Long Beach Grand Prix" in California, where some of the streets end up serving as the course. That couple be fun.

Marianne McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Barnesworth Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:19 pm

KirachanFitzgerald wrote:but it would not be without danger and would certainly cause awful casualties.

Sounds like fun!

I think the best thing to do would be to make it a bike race (or other attachable vehicle race). If you have a bunch of physics enabled, colliding vehicle objects that is a recipe for lag and disaster. I don't really have any personal racing experience to back that up with but I imagine it to be true from my experience with SL vehicles.

So maybe its not what you had in mind but I cant help suggest a few goofy ideas:

In RL around here they have goofy rides where people decorate their bikes in crazy ways and "race" them, although the winners are usually just the ones whos' bikes hold up to the end without all their decorations falling off! I think something like that would be fun and draw a larger crowd of spectators to see the goofy bikes, and is more light-hearted and fun than a serious race, which might encourage more people to join who are not avid/experienced racers.

Nude bike race could be funny too! Last time I checked all of bay city was mature, so I dont think anyone could stop us! If you wanted to go a little less risque could always just do underwear bike race/ride.

I have found goofy events like that seem to draw a good crowd and are usually more fun and less stress, as you dont have the pressure of actually organizing and regulating a 'real' race.

Sorry dont mean to hijack your idea, just silly suggestions and ideas, an official real race could be cool too.

Barnesworth

Back to top Go down

Post  Marianne McCann Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:36 pm

I would be all up for a more silly race (though I ain't gonna go nude, trust me on this!). If Bay City wasn't flat land, I'd suggest a soap box derby.

Marianne McCann

Back to top Go down

Racing in Bay City Empty nude racing

Post  rezit Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:47 pm

i think a nude race would be great fun. in santa cruz (south of san francisco), there us an annual motorcycle rally that's like that, and this if after all bay city! maybe call it a rally rather than a race. a rally is just where everyone rides together along a designated route. But I like racing too! Anything cars, bikes, art cars, etc. would be awesome.

rezit

http://www.designsofdarkness.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AlxZeiler Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:07 am

That sounds like fun... maybe not so much an organized event as just street-racing.

Lag wouldn't be a problem, the bay city regions are top-class and people operate private racetracks in SL. The physics system is designed for just this kind of thing, it can handle it Smile

We'd have to designate some kind of start/finish line and a few checkpoints. Ideally, these will be in an area where we can place invisible prims crossing the road to "track" vehicles and make sure they're going through the entire track, as well as determine who wins Wink

AlxZeiler

Back to top Go down

Racing in Bay City Empty Crash :cheers:

Post  Shadoe Landman Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:28 pm

A few crashes might make things interesting. After all, there can't be any real casualties.

Shadoe Landman

Back to top Go down

Racing in Bay City Empty Yes...

Post  OftenHird Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:19 pm

I like all of the ideas... I'd love to join in with ANY of them

Going off on a tangent though - how about a fancy dress "fun" run?

OftenHird

Back to top Go down

Post  KirachanFitzgerald Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:33 am

you mean.. like running in costume? Or is fancy dress here actually supposed to mean "fancy dress" as in formal? Since high heels don't restrict us here the latter wouldn't be as much fun at it is to watch in RL I am afraid..*G*
Generally that is a good idea. I could always be bound into seasonal events.... Saint Nicks running... something for Carnival or Mardi Gras, Easter-Bunny run... or we could team up with some charity and ask people to pay a starter fee or collect money from sponsors for every meter they managed before crashing...*G .. and help a good cause while promoting the city.

K.

KirachanFitzgerald

http://kirachanfitzgerald.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum